BTRFS and VSIDO

VastOne

I am sitting right now on my main build system that I used fsarchiver to backup and restore my Build system to a new BTRFS partition

All I needed to do was format (with gparted) the new partition to btrfs before using fsarchiver to restore my build system. All of this took about 3 minutes from a VSIDO LiveCD and I was done

You can also use btrfs if you want to install VSIDO onto it. The installer does not see btrfs as a file system but if you format it before (using gparted) running the installer you can use it then. Just do not let the installer format the drive since it is already setup from gparted

New year, new directions.. new things to keep an old mans mind SHARP
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Have you been putting btrfs through it's paces at all? Kind of living on the edge - the VSIDO way; last I checked Debian considered t unstable for production, but the user base seems to like it for data volumes. Apparently has a lot of features that LVM provides in addition to the btrfs snapshots.

The partition I use for an NFS share is btrfs, but that's as far as I've gone. Been stable for me.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Will be doing that over the next week or so...

btrfs has been in dev forever and considered unstable just as long.. on the other hand it is said it takes as much as ten years for a FS to mature

Facebook uses it and they have a couple of servers.. :)

Open SUSE Linux has had Btrfs as their default FS for quite a while
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quotebtrfs has been in dev forever and considered unstable just as long.. on the other hand it is said it takes as much as ten years for a FS to mature

Sometimes I wonder if that's the real issue about calling brtfs - anything - unstable. Sort of a CYA for something in [very] active development.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo