I do miss my i5 system, but this Xeon will do
System as seen :
- Xeon X5550 (4c/8t, 2.67Ghz)
- 12gb DDR3/1600
- 256Gb SSD + 320Gb mechanical (scrap disk for Blender and etc + holds my 2 swap partitions)
- eVGA nv 750ti
Total cost for this (so far):
$30 for the X58 mainboard
$35 for the case
$70 for the 2 x 32" (obviously wallmounted)
What missing/on its way is:
- A Coolermaster 212 Evo (Got a 1155 heatsink ghettorigged with zip ties atm)
- More ram, got 6x2Gb installed.
- A USB3 i/o card.
- A SATA6 controller card (pcie).
- 2 graphicscard of some sort (some 770s or 2 Quadro cards)
- A better PSU (I admit the "spaghetti" doesn't look pretty)
Heres some real images (they are kinda HQ, so dialup users beware!)