(SOLVED) SpaceFm fails to complete tasks

VastOne

In another thread I went off tangent on related spacefm issues.. This thread is needed to discuss it

I am seeing more failures of commands in spacefm but I think it is due more to heightened security.. backup up and restoring via fsarchive only work now from a root spacefm / xterm combination .. they used to work flawlessly with normal spacefm and terminal.. trouble with this one too is there is no error. It just does not work and comes back to spacefm.. but taking the exact same command spacefm uses and run it in a terminal works.. I also just tried changing to xterm as the terminal in settings and it failed too.. so it has something to do with the hand off of permissions between spacefm and terminal
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Marking as solved already!!

Turns out I had not made the change to roots pw on this new build and that will do it.. I changed spacefm's internal preference for terminal SU to su-to-root and that gave me the readout of what the actual error was..

Sorry, nothing to see here.. move along...

???  ::)

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

... and Fuck You to anyone who is snickering that I am just padding my thread/message count

I dev VSIDO

DeepDayze

Quote from: VastOne on December 29, 2016, 06:12:14 PM
... and Fuck You to anyone who is snickering that I am just padding my thread/message count

Busted :D