December 2016 Screenshot Thread

jedi

Fluxbox just pulls me back in...   ??? 
The wonderfully easy to 'eye-candy' up, tiny, WM has really stood me well for at least 4 or 5 years now.  That said, VSIDO as a distro, well what can you say other than genius!

Seriously wonderful VSIDO Fluxbox
maybe I'll try at getting this great little script to UL to zimagez...   8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

??? Can I reply to my reply?  ???
I think I mentioned I added KDE Plasma 5.9 to VSIDO on another install.  It is working great.  I'm chasing a couple of issues, but all in all, KDE has seriously matured and has come a long way.  They've also got really solid plans for Plasma through at least 2018 being actively dev'd.

To think that I can bling out a Fluxbox install, prettier imo, than KDE awes me.  KDE 'scrot' below...

To be fair, I have a newer 'scrot' that is more heavily configured but man does it take a while to get it there.

I just love the simplicity that is Fluxbox.  Plasma is a long way from simplicity.  The options for it are endless though and does enable you to go way farther than I have with it.  I'll keep it around and poke it with a stick every once in a while...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

OK, one more and I'll stop!  Clean Fluxbox. (VSIDO)

(pmss)
Same wallpaper as the 'scrot' in the above post...
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Quote from: jedi on December 14, 2016, 07:01:14 AM
Fluxbox just pulls me back in...

Fluxbox and Fvwm - just can't give them up:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Thanks PackRat!  Nice styles.  My new default will be the cuprite!

Yes it is -10F here.  The (0) is because currently the windchill is equal to the wind which isn't blowing.  Thank the gods...  (in the last 24 hours, it has reached in windchill degrees, -38F)
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Let me rephrase that.  A little while later...   -14F

Just out of curiosity, how long will that thumbnail stay in the cache on imgur, anyone know...  No I haven't taken a look at the script yet in any detail, sorry, but will it upload straight to your personal imgur account?  I just came in from a little work in the garage where my outside digital thermometer reads even colder than the above scrot...  I might be a little numb at the moment.
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Really is a nice script for scrots!

Yah, I been using yakuake.  Make fun...   8)  Whats even nicer is when you have several Tmux sessions running in it.  Then you realize the power of the machine!!!  Xfce4-terminal can be utilized as a drop-down terminal as well that is of equal or better quality.  That personal level of satisfaction on a Linux system...
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Oh yeah, I don't have anything to do right now.  So I'm letting it out, I use yakuake.  And I love zsh.  And tmux can sometimes give me some goose-bumps...  Sorry, I know, tmi...

Forum Netiquette

VastOne

I just like the basics...

GMB with the default VSIDO Layout and Desktop Widget plugin
VSIDO One line default conky sysinfo script
VSIDO perl email conky script
(FUCK CONKY)
Bob Seger - Night Moves.. I remember I remember...
medit because it is the best editor ever
spacefm because it is the best file manager and system tool ever
VSIDO pmss took the scrot
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Just a bit. They keeping your roads clear, or are you snowed in?

back on topic -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

Just a drive by post of my new 32bit jwm image. It's a bit larger than the 64bit image, but the mem usage when running live is < 100 mb!

I'm still testing so I haven't uploaded it yet.

Sorry the thumbnail size is just a black box. :(

Ozi

VastOne

^ Fantastic Ozi.. That is really cool
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Looks good Ozi - cool that jwm is getting some love.

drive by post - testing pmsshot v3 :

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo