uefi Test ISO

jedi

Quote from: lwfitz on October 20, 2016, 04:07:53 AM
make sure my settings were correct I installed with a purple distro

Wow. I'm incredibly old. Whatever brain cells are left at this point, they're limping, if their upright at all...

??? (can you remind me what a 'purple distro' is? sounds like something i'd try?)  ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Lol in this instance I was referring to Ubuntu but next time I may means quaaludes
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

@jedi

fsmithred has updated the overall script of the refracta installer to include code for locating NVMe drives. I have created a test ISO that is in the same directory as the original NVMe test downloads

I do not need you to do a full install but can you boot to this from a USB and take it to the point of the alternate installer locating and make sure it correctly finds your NVMe drives please .. if you could do a full install to a new partition that would be just icing..

I did test this on normal /sda installs and it worked perfectly

I also just today got some news in a PM from Filip who told me that the main installer is just about finished with code needed for NVMe support. He will let me know when that is ready

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

There is also just this test to run ... a simulation script

Attached is the file nvme, a bash script that will run just long enough to ask where you want grub to install and where you want to install the ISO.. as long as it sees your nvme drives, we are good to go

make sure it is executable and drop to a terminal in whatever directory you saved it in and run

./nvme

I dev VSIDO

jedi

:-[  will do this in the next 24 hours promise!  Been down and out for a few days.  Hopefully Tuesday takes care of all this!  :'(
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

^ Thanks.. the script should take less than ten seconds to run and confirm!

Hope you feel better soon

I dev VSIDO

jedi

So far, unable to create an UEFI bootable image with the ISO from the 30th.  I've downloaded it twice, and used two separate USB drives, no joy.  Giving up for the night, will try again tomorrow/today...
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

The script run is all that is needed

as soon as you run the attached nvme script and verify it sees your nvme drives I will sand reply to fsmithred and he will add it in the uefi iso builds of refracta

Then the uefi will be built with the installer

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Just installed and everything went flawlessly  8)
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

I have just uploaded new uEFI ISO's that can be downloaded here

Anyone with uEFI/nvme can use this and should be able to use either of the installers

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Very nice!  Though I must say, I'm quite happy with my bloat loaded (yes all hdd's and ssd's and NVRAMM or whatever else you can store files on are huge now) version of  ;D VSIDO I'm running now!  Over 3200 packages installed on this one.  The .fsa's are getting rather larger...  (of my system)  Still boots in seconds, loads and runs multiple apps, including the latest games (yeah, thanks Steam) and never ever crashes!  8)
(ok, sorry, had to run out to the garage for a moment)
??? This ISO will get installed on partition 4.  I now currently have over 7 Tb's of storage/install space, just on my personal laptop.  :o
Forum Netiquette