VSIDO 32bit & 64bit ISO’s updated 2016-June-22 20:50 CST

VastOne

• Updated to latest Debian SID kernel – 4.6.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.6.2-1 (2016-06-15)
  • Changed VSIDO theme to gtk3 compliant Vertex-Dark
  • Added instructions on how to use installer with glade issues here: How to install VSIDO with glade script not showing correctly
  • Updated all applications to the latest SID levels

All changes can be seen and discussed in the VSIDO Change sub forum

All files and torrents can be downloaded from the VSIDO Download page
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

The 64-bit iso is good.

One issue with the live session; I have 2 volume icons on the systemtray and they both work:

and your tutorial for using the TAB key to get through the installer dialogue box works as advertised:

I didn't complete the install though, just got past that screen to spot check your tutorial.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Thanks... that is actually one icon and I am not sure how or why it changed, something with gtk3 also

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

And no conky?

wtf? W....T....F?

Did you actually drop conky from the startup? Can't really disagree with you for that one.

Edit - 1400 posts! Yippee ki-ay.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

No, conky is still there and working on the liveCD portion but not on the install..

It is there in the fluxbox startup file but not starting... When I run it in terminal on the install with the same command from the startup, it starts fine ... although there is a generic error of "unexpected symbol near #"

Seems Jedi reported this same thing on the test ISO...

Strange, will need to troubleshoot the fluxbox startup

Congrats on 1400 club...  8)

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

It also runs fine from a Run Program (F2) command.. seems as if it is a fluxbox startup issue

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Upon a reboot, conky started just fine with no changes... appears to be an issue conflict with the vsido-startup that is new

Nothing has changed in that startup configuration so this remains a mystery

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Might be an issue with the conkyrc - is it still in 1.9 syntax?

I have had issues with older conkyrc working in 1.10 - usually get a message that syntax is old though. Sort of hit and miss if 1.10 will interpret the older syntax.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

That error message is a very generic informational one, not an issue

Not sure on why it is failing, never has done this before and does not do it in LiveCD

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Tried to install a couple times.

For whatever reason(s), I have trouble with the manual partitioning step - and now there is the gtk3 issue to deal with. I use just a /, swap, home scheme but something always seems to go wrong. This time, the installer would format the partition as swap, but not allow it to be selected as the swap partition - could still proceed to end of install though.

When booting, I get some sort of systemd error when mounting home, then drop to the emergency rescue mode where I'm asked for the root password to perform maintainence or CTL-D to proceed. When I proceed to loging, / and /home are mounted and I can use swapon to mount the swap partition.

Slackware and Void both install with /, swap, /home so I'm going with a VSIDO installer bug/hardware issue on this.

No conky with the install, but networking hardware works OOTB.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

Haven't tried to install on metal. Only VBox. When reaching disk partitioning with a blank disk it stalls forever. Tried a few times. If I format the disk in advance with gparted-live or any other live iso, the partitioning section starts ok.

Oh, and I've got conky.

PackRat

I usually pre-partition my drive as well; the installer will let me select the partitions, but will fail at selecting the swap space. Installer goes to completion but on reboot will display some errors related to the partitions or hang. Since  others get through the install without issue, I suspect I may have some hardware issue.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

Maybe your hardware is ok. I never use swap partitions. Will try adding a swap too.

Snap

Installed in another VM this time with swap. Got the same issues as you, PackRat. Swap cannot be selected for some reason.

Another thing I forgot to point out. I cannot get to the root account settings within the installer. I clicked everywhere and nothing happened, so the root password remains as root. I had to change it after install in both systems.

jedi

Just a thought, try editing your 'fstab' file to point to the created swap partition.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous