What is your favourite sport?

PackRat

Quote...also like the fact the players don't have all the armor protection as in American football.

Interesting that you mention that. Back in the early 90's, before all the concern about concussions in the NFL, I was in a Las Vegas (home town at the time) sports bar watching the game when a player (Wade Wilson for those that remember him) got hurt. He was down for a while but walked off the field under his own power. Just happened to be sitting next to an Australian tourist who was also an Australian rules footballer. He claimed that the NFL would drastically reduce injuries if the got rid of all the body armor - particularly the helmet - and went to soft padding like they and rugby players used. His reasoning was that the physical conditioning routines (and steroids) had outpaced the ability of the pads to protect the players and instead had "weaponized" the defensive players. He figured there would be every bit as much contact as there was now, but players wouldn't crash at full speed and lead with the helmet.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

Quote from: zephyr on June 11, 2016, 07:30:28 PM...India would be an excellent and super cool place to visit!
It is a cool place to visit! It has got everything a tourist seeks, mountain ranges, deserts, forests with exotic wildlife, historical monuments, various kinds of arts-culture.
And last but not the least zephyr, you've got a friend here :)
Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

zephyr

^ hakerdefo: Have met many people from India, and have ran into old friends who have visited. Say it is a beautiful country and a great people. They commented it was best to get out away from the tourist areas and explore.

Hopefully one day will travel to that part of the world and other places near there, will certainly will not forget the invitation of friendship and it is most sincerely reciprocated. It would be a pleasure to visit one of the oldest cultures in the world, with an amazing history! 

Thank you!!!

Cheers

Z
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

zephyr

^ @ PackRat:  Imagine how much of a game changer that would be to do away with the armor for soft padding.

Could reinvent American football! 

Cheers

Z

CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

PackRat

^ Be a return to 1920's football -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

Quote from: hakerdefo on June 11, 2016, 03:26:17 PM
Quote from: Snap on June 11, 2016, 05:20:46 AM...I quit and discovered rugby and sailing. Still my favorite ones...
...I should have been born in New Zealand, LOL)...

...I've got an injury in my back and most sports are forbidden for me...
Swimming is great for your physical and mental health! You shouldn't hate it :)
Yeah those Kiwis love Rugby and Sailing! So what Soccer crazy country you are from?
Cheers!!!

Yes, I know swimming is good . But you know, when you are a kid and somewhat forced to do something you don't really enjoy for years, sometimes one ends up plainly rejecting it. It happens with piano or violin lessons and things like that. In my case it's swimming. It's not that I actually hate it. It's more finding it one of the most boring activities i can think of.

I'm from Spain. Here football (soccer) is almost the only thing able to stop the country.

QuoteLive sound engineering! I bet it's an exciting job!
If you happen to be in one of those places where it's allowed, You can consider Marijuana to fight chronic pain. It is safer than any other known modern medicine, without any major side-effects.

Yes, I love it. I don't tour any more. I work at a local club, but it's still rewarding after 20 some years on duty.

Weed? Oh, no. It knocks me down. I rather prefer a little pain and having my head fresh and clear than feeling myself like a potatoes sack. LOL.