What is your favourite sport?

hakerdefo

I like to watch many sports. Football (Soccer), Field Hockey, Tennis, Rugby, F1, Motogp, and many others but Cricket is my favourite because it's the only sport that I can play decently.
So what is your favourite sport?
You Can't Always Git What You Want

VastOne

I like pretty much all sports and respect the passion everyone has for their own favorites...

I have played baseball and softball at the highest ametuer levels. I was a diver and on the swim team in high school

Golf, cycling and fishing are all that I do almost daily...

American football is one as of late that I am very quickly losing all respect for.. the business and politics of the sport are now incredibly sad and IMO killing it as much as CTE is killing its players
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hakerdefo

baseball, softball, swimming, diving, golf, cycling, fishing...
WoW!!!

PackRat

Played baseball and American football in high school; still cycle and of course fishing.

I can't skate, but do like hockey (RIP Gordie Howe)
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

zephyr

Grew up close to Cotton Bowl in Dallas, loved football and the Cowboys. Over time and many years away from continental US lost contact and appreciation for the sport. Racquetball was the game that I personally enjoyed.

Now my grandsons have shown interest in soccer and attend their games and practice, it is my sport of choice for entertainment.
Don't use or have cable or satellite TV, but on occasions while visiting family enjoy watching any World soccer team match. 

@Vastone: Congrats on the hole in one!

Z
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

Snap

QuoteAmerican football is one as of late that I am very quickly losing all respect for.. the business and politics of the sport are now incredibly sad and IMO killing it

Quite similar around here with soccer. Which is the most popular sport by far. I haven't seen a game in years because of that. Anyway, I have never been into soccer  too much.  I always played anything else at school. mostly handball. Trained swimming for 8 years which I always found incredibly boring. Kind of hate it. When I grew up and started to be a real brat, I quit and discovered rugby and sailing. Still my favorite ones (I should have been born in New Zealand, LOL).

Currently I don't do any sports. I've got an injury in my back and most sports are forbidden for me. Ever since doctors always strongly recommend me swimming... damnit!

zephyr

Soccer,  took interest because of my grandsons, never played a game myself. The boys are young and teams are sometimes coed and the girls kick butt.  Soccer receives a lot of support here, and the oldest was selected for a two week soccer camp. Believe it is important to have kids into sports, help build character, teamwork and skills they will use throughout their life. Parents and grandparents take the sidelines and support them.

Getting older and a few spinal surgeries myself has made me into a bit of a gimp, takes a little to get around to start a day. My doctor says the same thing about swimming and forbids any strenuous work or activities. Just happy that I'm still mobile on my feet.

On some days think the  "posse" is taking me for a walk however.

Snap

Quotetakes a little to get around to start a day. My doctor says the same thing about swimming and forbids any strenuous work or activities.

Sounds really familiar to me... sighs!  ::)  Also weight lifting is forbidden... but I need to make a living. Need to lift some weighty gear at work. I'm a live sound engineer needing to move gear around. I had to learn to live with pain. I try to avoid pills as much as i can. I already swallowed too many of them in the early (very painful years). They hurt the stomach badly.

I don't miss rugby that much (I should be retired anyway). I'm fine watching games on TV or streaming them on the computer. Sailing is different. I really miss it. At (almost) 52 one should be still a "young" and capable sailor even for racing (on big boats, of course). Something like 470 or Tornado classes is a bit too demanding for veterans, but there are Senior racing categories too, typically on easier boats. Would love to be able to race again. But the last times I've tried it turned into a whole week barely being able to walk.

hakerdefo

Quote from: PackRat on June 11, 2016, 02:36:22 AM...fishing...
When I started this thread I knew what two replies would be. Vastone=Golf and PackRat=Fishing ;)
Cheers!!!

hakerdefo

Quote from: zephyr on June 11, 2016, 04:13:02 AM...Over time and many years away from continental US lost contact and appreciation for the sport..
...Racquetball was the game that I personally enjoyed...
So where are you located currently?
Raquetball?!? That's a new one for me! How does it differ from Squash?
Cheers!!!

hakerdefo

Quote from: Snap on June 11, 2016, 05:20:46 AM...I quit and discovered rugby and sailing. Still my favorite ones...
...I should have been born in New Zealand, LOL)...

...I've got an injury in my back and most sports are forbidden for me...
Swimming is great for your physical and mental health! You shouldn't hate it :)
Yeah those Kiwis love Rugby and Sailing! So what Soccer crazy country you are from?
Cheers!!!

hakerdefo

Quote from: Snap on June 11, 2016, 08:27:43 AM
Quotetakes a little to get around to start a day. My doctor says the same thing about swimming and forbids any strenuous work or activities.

Sounds really familiar to me... sighs!  ::)  Also weight lifting is forbidden... but I need to make a living. Need to lift some weighty gear at work. I'm a live sound engineer needing to move gear around. I had to learn to live with pain. I try to avoid pills as much as i can. I already swallowed too many of them in the early (very painful years). They hurt the stomach badly.
...But the last times I've tried it turned into a whole week barely being able to walk.
Live sound engineering! I bet it's an exciting job!
If you happen to be in one of those places where it's allowed, You can consider Marijuana to fight chronic pain. It is safer than any other known modern medicine, without any major side-effects.

http://www.nap.edu/read/9586/chapter/6#85
Cheers!!!

zephyr

^ Hello hakerdefo: Squash and racquetball are similar, just different size ball, racquet, rules and court size. 

http://www.ehow.com/about_5417434_squash-vs-racquetball.html

Live in the US, state of Oklahoma. Texas is my original home and now retired should migrate back.

Soccer and rugby are very intense games and enjoy both, also like the fact the players don't have all the armor protection as in American football.

Cheers

Z   

hakerdefo

Quote from: zephyr on June 11, 2016, 05:47:39 PMLive in the US, state of Oklahoma. Texas is my original home and now retired should migrate back.
Oh! And I thought you were living somewhere outside of US!
The word 'Oklahoma' reminds me of tornadoes and J.J. Cale ;)
And thanks for the info on Raquetball.
Cheers!!!

zephyr

^ hakerdefo:  Yes, the US is my home, although there are many places in the world I would certainly enjoy living and retiring. However, it is family and staying close.

Doesn't prevent visiting and staying awhile somewhere and enjoying people and other cultures. Maybe that is also why I like soccer and rugby, not limited to one nation and embraces world competition.

India would be an excellent and super cool place to visit!

Cheers

Z