(SOLVED) Dialogue box issues

VastOne

For absolute transparency I wanted to let you VSIDO kids know just how dire this situation was to me over the last 6 months

Along with this issue and the bloat of Debian almost doubling the VSIDO ISO, I was at my wits end with Debian. Lately it just has not been any fun and I am constantly tired and frustrated

I was ready to shitcan this entire project at the end of this year but now see a little more light and at least I can laugh about part of it

Anyway that's where your good old V-Ger has been and am at now.. ready to go on for a little while longer
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Snap

I was suspecting this, boss. Not strange wanting to throw the towel with the current Debian/Linux situation. It's somewhat better now, though still not what it used to be. I fully understand your frustration.

You were not the only one about to jump away from Debian to some place else. But the alternatives I was considering and testing over the last months were not fully convincing (Void, Arch, Slackware, BSDs...) for different reasons, so here we are, still on Debian.

Glad the situation eased and you found the motivation to keep going and keeping Vsido alive... Besides I don't use it as my main system (GTK3, systemd, etc...) I still love this cool and well thought little distro you put together.

VastOne

Thanks Snap.. it's appreciated...

Never really built this for anyone but me and for those who appreciate and support it in any way makes it a pure joy to be around
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Whatever the reasons behind, a good job is a good job. You can feel love and care put in making Vsido.

For me there are two kind of distros, those that make you jump away just minutes after install them and those that make you want to explore them further and spending good whiles on them. Vsido belongs to that second category.