Video Player: SMTUBE ?

jenom

because smpalyer already in VSIDO, my thinking was to add another "sm" program , smtube to play videos directly from You Tube
however, download would be huge because all of needed dependencies, so I gave up on this idea
Is there any  nice & small video player to add ?
Thanks!

jedi

Well, 'smplayer' is the default in VSIDO partly due to it's small footprint, and largely because it is considered by many to be the best FOSS video player available, still, for Linux!

If you want something smaller, mplayer is probably measurably smaller and plays video's from the CLI. (command line)  But hey, this is 2016 not 2001, so who wants to play video's from the CLI?   :)

Also with 'smtube' just a 'apt-get' away, you pretty much have it all wrapped up in a really nice looking media player, "SMPlayer"!  There are also 'skins' and 'plugins' by the dozens (if not hundreds) out there availabe for "SMPlayer".  I believe you can also download or apt-get the youtube-dl plugin and then you never have to leave the  "SMPlayer" interface!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous