Author Topic: How To: Building the VSIDO Installer  (Read 5028 times)

VastOne

•      v-ger
    • View Profile
    • VSIDO Community
Re: How To: Building the VSIDO Installer
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 10:21:55 PM »
I did everything exactly as you did in git, the build and made sure it was 6.0.3 in the build..

Running
Code: [Select]
apt-cache policy keeptalking
clearly shows 6.0.3~trios1 is installed in the build and in the installs

git branch = trios-master and the grep output is exactly the same:

grep cns11643 ./keeptalking/Locale/__init__.py
if "translit" in _file or "iso14651_t1" in _file or "POSIX" in _file or "cns11643_stroke" in _file: continue

I have attached the built .deb file created and what I used ... in looking at the included file keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb (in gdebi and xarchiver) I do NOT see a Locale directory or the __init__.py file

I have also attached the keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1.tar.xz file and this DOES have the Locale directory and the __init__.py file

This is a strange one.. I'm not sure what has happened but it has...  ::)
VSIDO      VSIDO Twitter     VSIDO FB     VSIDO Google+   

I dev VSIDO

filip

• View Profile
    • GitLab
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 01:45:14 PM »
I have attached the built .deb file created and what I used ... in looking at the included file keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb (in gdebi and xarchiver) I do NOT see a Locale directory or the __init__.py file

I have also attached the keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1.tar.xz file and this DOES have the Locale directory and the __init__.py file

This is a strange one.. I'm not sure what has happened but it has...  ::)
Keeptalking source produces three packages, "keeptalking", "python-keeptalking" and "python-t9n":
[filip@stretch-K10][/tmp/keeptalking]$ ls ../ | grep .deb
keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb
python-keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb
python-t9n_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb
And "/Locale/__init__.py" belongs in the "python-keeptalking".  ;)
Thus, you need all three installed and at the same version. I'd bet that "apt-cache policy python-keeptalking" shows it's an older version compared to "keeptalking"!?

Like I've said previously, "keeptalking" should really have versioned depends on the other two, so apt would complain if there's a version mismatch between any of them.
In other words, if you have "python-keeptalking" v=6.0.0 installed, and try to update only "keeptalking" to v=6.0.3 apt would complain and requre you to update "python-keeptalking" and "python-t9n" to v=6.0.3 as well.

Anyhow that's fixed in latest git (v=6.0.3~trios2).  :)

So, clone --> dpkg-buildpackage and then:
cd ../ && sudo apt install ./keeptalking_6.0.3~trios2_all.deb ./python-keeptalking_6.0.3~trios2_all.deb ./python-t9n_6.0.3~trios2_all.deb

VastOne

•      v-ger
    • View Profile
    • VSIDO Community
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 10:46:34 PM »
^ Thanks man.. sorry I missed that on the earlier post... and all those deb files are there I just saw the first keeptalking deb and installed that and never looked past my mistake

Sorry that I was so obtuse Filip.. I appreciate your help on this

It's funny how most issues are staring you right in the face and you don't see them
VSIDO      VSIDO Twitter     VSIDO FB     VSIDO Google+   

I dev VSIDO

filip

• View Profile
    • GitLab
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 06:51:19 PM »
^ Thanks man.. sorry I missed that on the earlier post... and all those deb files are there I just saw the first keeptalking deb and installed that and never looked past my mistake

Sorry that I was so obtuse Filip.. I appreciate your help on this
No problem at all!  :)

It's funny how most issues are staring you right in the face and you don't see them

I´d say it´s not much of a problem per se, however the frequency at which it occurs.....  :D ;D