Writing from live, while installing in the background ( with latest installer & custom_kernel_args )...
Now, a few nitpicks/suggestions/observations:
- It would be nice to have VBox Guest Additions preinstalled on ISO, since for me atleast, working in 640x480 and without shared clipboard/folders tends to be annoying.
- X issues you mentioned exist in (latest, 5.14) VBox, and I couldn't get rid of them even with a full restart of LightDM.
Everything is fine on metal.
- +1 on using SpaceFM. Awesome file manager with even more awesome features.
While at it, purely estetic and subjective, but I find it's coloration of a Root window quite ugly and somewhat distracting.
Though it can be disabled by unchecking "Show root user indicator color" in Preferences/Interface.
- Since, by using a Flux, you're aiming for light weight, I suggest you to take a look at SMTube.
It's a small YouTube browser which opens videos in a selected player ( SMPlayer by default ).
The gain here is in the fact that any player is many times faster and much less CPU intensive compared to watching online.
For example, I can watch 720p silky smooth with VLC on an ancient Athlon XP ( single core @2GHz, slow as hell ), while online it's basically a slide show.
- And to really nitpick, Apt seems to miss package lists in live, so in order to install something you need to get them first ( apt-get update ).
Besides that, great job! Blazing fast, good selection of apps, and +1 from me on using a dark theme.
Once I have enough time, I'll switch to VSIDO for a couple of days in order to take a proper look.