Google Chrome linux32 out of support

airtime

Maybe i am the last person running the 32bit version of Linux on a system. lol.. But I thought i would share that Google Chrome is dropping support for Linux32 in March

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346

System requirements

Note: Linux 32 and Ubuntu Precise will no longer be supported starting in March, 2016.

To use Google Chrome, your computer needs:

Ubuntu 12.04+, Debian 7+, OpenSuSE 13.1+, or Fedora Linux 21
An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later
350MB of free disk space
512MB of RAM

VastOne

Interesting... I am curious if Chromium would continue to develop the x32 version
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: airtime on January 04, 2016, 01:02:15 AM

350MB of free disk space
512MB of RAM

So much for that 'old' hardware!  Those are some pretty stiff req's... 
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

airtime

I continue to have a issue understanding why a browser requires so much disk and memory.   

Chromium will be the next best thing smh :(

jedi

Not that this really has to do with x32bit of Chrome browser, but thought I'd bring it up anyway... 
There is a lot to be said for the lightweight classification of browsers.  I've played with 'luakit' a bit over the last few months, (webkit based I think?) and with the right configuration and memorization of some key-combinations, it's a pretty tight little browser!  You can set it up to work with adblock+, other scripts, and your own configurations in the text config files along with scores from the web.  Bookmarks, what to do when opening a new link, (for me open it in a new tab and open that tab up) mail, pretty much all of the web for no sacrifice in performance.  If your doing all of this from a terminal anyway, i.e. browsing, watching youtube, etc. (speaking of which, you can play youtube vid's in the mplayer plugin that is included with VSIDO.) then aesthetics aren't your first priority anyway obviously.  (that's not to say the aesthetics are terrible, their not.  But they're not Chrome or FF either.

Actually would it be possible to have a place to post these kinds of items?  Nice central place to pick up like a default set of VSIDO settings for a particular app that a subset of users using that app use for defaults?

Are there things the 'lightweight' browsers are unable to do? (or are unable to be made to do)  My browsing it typical of most browsers I suppose.  I haven't tried to play Bejeweled with luakit yet!  ???  Hey, it's 3 in the AM and I'm bored, sorry...   ::)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous