Synaptic Packge Manager

riV

hello
Synaptic just broke upon updating.  Past update was 48 hours ago.  This time, after updates completed, shutdown, power-on, call by select from fluxbox menu Synaptic Package Manager.  The permissions dialogue window appears, accepts root password, synaptic flashes not to remain visible anywhere.  machine has checked for updates apt-get and has checked for updates aptitude finding no updates available. have shutdown to power-on logging into root account with same behavior as user' account. 
-Version-
Kernel        : Linux 4.2.0-1-amd64 (x86_64)
Compiled        : #1 SMP Debian 4.2.6-1 (2015-11-10)
C Library        : Unknown
Default C Compiler        : GNU C Compiler version 5.2.1 20151125 (Debian 5.2.1-26)
Distribution        : VSIDO
heresv@boopH:~$ synaptic
synaptic: error while loading shared libraries: libept.so.1.aptpkg4.16:  cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
edit add: not shy to reinstall to see if that works. Is noticed on alternate jessie system if without root terminal call synaptic a window appears granting user access without privelege, close that, then resized small window opens synaptic. The flashing window in VSIDO synaptic that vanishes is also resize small.

VastOne

Hello riV and welcome to VSIDO and our community.  Thank you for reporting this

I have confirmed the issue and it has been reported as a bug to debian.  There is also a 'fix' on that page to downgrade 1.0.14+b2 (package that installs libept.so.1.aptpkg4.16) to 1.0.14+b1 in testing.  I am going to wait it out ... should be fixed from a package update in a day or so

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

riV

hello.
Thank you for the attention to Synaptic.  Many dev will never know/notice when/if Synaptic has a problem.   :)
Machine retains ability to remain healthy and will wait for cure by update.   

VastOne

Several updates this afternoon and Synaptic was one of them...

It is now working correctly

Thank you for your attention on this riV...  :)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

riV

hello VastOne and everyone 
handshake. return Thank You for notication of SolutioN
With confidence the machine will be allowed now update
the new install of latest 2015-November-26 edition. 
To regain comfort health zone and to replace the manual
stumbling While awaiting remedy This user did enjoy the
newest installation journey enabling clean machine for
discover defaults and actions. 
It became Evident that this synaptic thing coincided with a
very busy VSIDO time for You; I appreciate Your attention. 

.edit.add.: confirm updates completed successfully.