kvm

Gordon

Hi Folks

On booting up I keep getting the message ' kvm is disabled by BIOS ' .

My question is two fold really

1. Do I need it

2. If I enable it, not sure how yet, will it cause me any problems

Not sure if this is in the right place or not, please shift it if it is in the wrong place

Cheers
Gordon
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

VastOne

Hello Gordon. That's one you can completely disregard. It has to do with sensors and I've got the same thing on mine I've always just disregarded it
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Gordon

Thanks VastOne,

I was reading up on it and didn't really understand it. I have a wireless gadget that uses the rtl8139 chip which doesn't work at the moment and was just wondering if it would cause problems that all

Cheers
Gordon

aibo

kvm is a module for hardware virtualization support. This error just tells that stuff like Intel's VT support is disabled. If you run virtual machines, it'll be slow. If you don't run virtual machines on that box, just disregard this error, as VastOne stated.

Regarding your wifi issues: The rtl8139 driver is an ethernet driver (cable involved). I doubt that this is the chip on your wireless thingie. Feel free to post the output of the command "lspci", so we might find out what chip is on there and which driver you need.

Gordon

Hi  aibo

Thanks for the reply and explanation. The wireless dongle is an edimax which kernel 4 .. doesn't support and I was looking around for some possible clues to try and get it to work. at the moment I am wired.

Cheers
Gordon