Setembro 2015 Screenshots

PackRat

spectrwm + mpv + vsido = hours of multimedia fun; video courtesy of pmytd :

Be nice, use thumbnails, please.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

FYI. The Privacy badger addon in the weasel reports postimage.org (the one I used) and postimg.org as trackers. Tinypic (the one i regularly used before becoming annoying - switched to postimage) doesn't directly tracks you but 3rd parties do it if embeding pictures from that site.

Moving to zimagez.com. That one apparently has no trackers. (thanks VastOne & jedi)

jedi

@Snap, zimagez is great...

First Sept. scrot...

More of the same.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Snap

Gpick... hmmm... that one looks very interesting. Downloading to try.

Learning even from the scrots!  We should show our menus more often.  8)

PackRat

@snap - thanks, switched to zimage. Looks like postimage is up to their old tricks.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Been a zimage fan forever it seems... gpick (and gpick2) also!

'Til Tuesday also

I am still alive and marginally well, had a cousin of mine pass today, he was the same age as me and we ran around a lot raising hell as kids.  Cancer ate him alive in a few short months..

RIp Rick Horn, I will miss those days of our youth and fondly remember that evil twinkle in your eye and spark to get into more trouble ...  :(
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Kind of bored, trying a new window manager:

there is a BBQ release with this wm, and I couldn't resist giving it a go. Not going to last long - basically obsolete.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

@ VastOne. So sorry. My condolences.

Snap

My first sysvinit loaded Vsido-like building attempt on top of Smoothie  -the BBQ's recent release-. Still not complete and needing some more polishing, but getting close to it. Running fully smooth and snappy. It idles @ 52 MB for now. Quite impressive! It has my usual tweaks; Faenza & Crunchbang icons, CobiBird GTK, my usual fucking conky (I need to change it. Not very happy after the damned lua switch), my boring tint2, etc... Added most of the Vsido goodies and plan to add some antiX stuff too. All this plus the bbq stuff already into their releases makes a killer arsenal of scripts and tools.

Haven't installed xfce4-terminal or sakura yet. I've replaced xterm for urxvt. I want to force myself to give a good go and learn urxvt for once. With the other two terms on board I would never go through it.

It seems that a systemd-free Debian is still possible, but this thingy has some siduction underneath. Not a big concern whatsoever.

Eager for the next BBQ64 release...  8)

VastOne

Thanks Snap

... and nicely done man.  I am impressed!

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Thanks, Boss.

FIY, I haven't managed to make the VBox clipboard work. The other features are ok (USB, resolution...) If anyone manages to fix this, please, report. It was a very slow process because of this issue. The clipboard is the key for VBoxing. I had to type a whole damn lot, but it worths the effort.

Haven't installed a display manager yet. Doubting between lightdm or the old slim. I liked slim's simplicity when it was possible. it's not compatible with systemd, so it's almost deprecated, but sysvinit makes it still an option. I also want to explore the way the PCLOS guys launch the window manager at boot. It makes those systems boot crazy fast. Faster than most systemd systems I've tried. I'm really enjoy watching my vsido-like pclos build booting. it still makes me go wooow every time.  8)

airtime

Screens look good guys .. I have not posted a screen in awhile. I will need to bless this topic before the month is out  :)

PackRat

Returning to an old friend on the laptop -

Slackware Current. Soon to be configured with fluxbox.

This is more like it -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Trying something new; switched my shared data partition over to btrfs -

vsido + fluxbox + sakura + ttyload + mpv + conky

video downloaded with pmytd.

Anyone else using btrfs for anything?
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

I have been trying to change over to btrfs for a while but keep getting rejected for whatever reasons...

I will give it another go on my data system but I am most interested on getting it running on the boot system

I dev VSIDO