medit color schemes

Snap

Is it possible to add the solarized dark and light themes to medit? If yes, how? I cannot find any info about it.

I specially like the light version during daylight. Cobalt and Oblivion are ok for the night but want something easier to the eye than the available ones.

PackRat

I think you can, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it; medit has a link to a wiki on their home page, but it looks kind of thin.

The themes are xml files located in /usr/share/medit/language-specs/

I made a copy and renamed it on the appropriate line and medit automatically had it available. If you can edit xml you can probably make your own. The files look straight forward, but knowing what color changes what attributes could get confusing.

Edit - confirmed, made some simple color changes and they are available.

Looks like each xml file starts by defining the basic colors to use (cobalt and kate do anyway) so if you could solarize that list and rename the scheme, they should be available.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

Great tips. Thanks, RatMan.

Yup. editing xml is a bit of a PITA but I can do it (one of the obvious advantages of Fluxbox over Openbox, btw).

Finding the colors for the solarized styles is easy. I'll try to get them working.

PS, i'll post them here if I manage to them right.