Any way to make Iceweasel to launch faster?

Snap

Maybe it's only my install, I really don't know, but Iceweasel is really slow at launch and takes longer in Vsido than in any other distro I use or used within the last months (either the weasel or the fox). I know that some guys put some effort in ultra fast browser launch for their distros (I cannot remember which one, but I remember in some cases being almost instant).

Any tips on making it faster. Not a major issue, of course. But, you know... we always want the stuff to fly.

VastOne

Before running the very first time, wipe out the /home/username/.mozilla directory. This simply sets up a new user defaults with nothing setup

I am going to do the same thing on the next ISO builds and no longer worry about defaults for users.  Mozilla seems to be altering defaulokts on your first time scanning for plugin updates.. adding and changing default search provider and parameters
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

@VSIDO - I did this some time ago as a way to save space. I leave the prefs.js as I have a default home page setup. All the files iceweasel will get re-created on first start.

VastOne

@Ozi...

Spent the better part of two hours tonight digging into what exactly happens when a user is created and what files are copied to the default profile

I am more pissed now than I was once I started because what is supposed to work from /etc/iceweasel and /usr/lib/iceweasel directory copy seems to only partially work.  I have located where the search file structure is coming from (/etc/iceweasel/searchplugins) but removing them does not seem to do a damn thing

I will keep working on this with the simple goal of making VSIDO the home page on a first time setup of Iceweasel (done)
To have the default extensions carried over.. and to have it all as a new Default User Profile (/home/username/.mozilla)

I want to have all this created from the default Iceweasel base and do away with the /etc/skel structure

Will keep you posted
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

Quote from: VastOne on July 31, 2015, 05:02:16 AM
@Ozi...

Spent the better part of two hours tonight digging into what exactly happens when a user is created and what files are copied to the default profile

I am more pissed now than I was once I started because what is supposed to work from /etc/iceweasel and /usr/lib/iceweasel directory copy seems to only partially work.  I have located where the search file structure is coming from (/etc/iceweasel/searchplugins) but removing them does not seem to do a damn thing

I will keep working on this with the simple goal of making VSIDO the home page on a first time setup of Iceweasel (done)
To have the default extensions carried over.. and to have it all as a new Default User Profile (/home/username/.mozilla)

I want to have all this created from the default Iceweasel base and do away with the /etc/skel structure

Will keep you posted

@VastOne - Yes please thanks! :)