Debian + FLUXBOX = my Crunchbang replacement!

hudson

Hello all! I met Ozitraveller on Crunchbang and saw him posting here so I thought I would sign up. I just downloaded his Star Linux to checkout: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linnix/files/ I have Fluxbox installed on my Debian box, but I'm always on the lookout for something to borrow. In fact, I just downloaded Mint, Xubuntu, OpenSUSE, Chromixium, FreeBSD and DragonFly. Pretty much, I think my Debian is better than all the Linux distros, but I do like FreeBSD.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. You guys have a mean registration signup...it took me a few tries (birds of prey do fly)...Oh, also I posted links to two HOWTOs I wrote elsewhere http://vsido.org/index.php?topic=1040.0 but I think they are too complicated or something, since no one ever comments on them.

ozitraveller

Hey hudson

Welcome to VSIDO, hope you'll stay and joint our crew!

Cheers
Ozi

VastOne

Glad to see you here hudson, thank you for this introduction
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hudson

thanks ozitraveller and VastOne...I heard about vsido a few weeks ago. Personally, I really like what Fluxbox has to offer over OpenBox...really great man pages and good customization options. BTW, I just realized if I tweak the following two settings Fluxbox acts more zippy:

session.screen0.menuMode: Click
session.autoRaiseDelay: 0

not sure why they put the longer delay in the default init file. I better read up on Vsido and check out the DVD now that I'm here  :)

Snap

QuoteI just realized if I tweak the following two settings Fluxbox acts more zippy:

session.screen0.menuMode: Click
session.autoRaiseDelay: 0

not sure why the put the longer delay in the default init file.

Interesting tip. Thank you!

hudson

one of those things that takes you a couple of months to figure out...then you are like "oh damn!"

jedi

Nice to have you here hudson.  Hope you stick around and write a bunch more 'How To' posts!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hudson

@jedi

thanks! the problem is...those were my two big ideas...now, I need to think up some more big ideas!