Setting terminal titles + installing MediaWiki locally

hudson

I posted these on other boards, but I wanted to provide a link here:

Changing terminal titles for man, less and vi
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=39974

Using MediaWiki for browser access to /usr/share/doc
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=123676

ozitraveller

@hudson: I checked out your posts, thanks for sharing!

Ozi

VastOne

Nice work hudson, anytime you want to create your How To's here we have the place for them

I appreciate you sharing these...  8)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Thanks, hudson. The local wiki really caught me up. Will give it a go.

hudson

thanks for the replies, guys!

Local wikis are a great help. For years I used dokuwiki...might be an easier install. I'll try to think up something new to post and post it here in the next few weeks.

jedi

Yeah, that mediawiki idea is a great one hudson!  Thanks for sharing that...   8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hudson

Thanks Jedi. Actually, at one point I was dreaming of starting my own distro and those two tutorials were part of my masterplan. The idea was to set up a distro that was designed with eye towards a well thought out user interface and making all the wonderful tools available in Linux help you get work done.

<rant> I mean, too many distros are focused on eye candy to lure in the new users...bouncing icons and spinning desktops are fun for about four minutes. I was just checking out Xubuntu and sure...a light gray centered window title on a lighter gray background looks pretty and all...but when I have 5 windows open and I'm trying to focus, I want the title on the left so I can stack the windows and I want good contrast so I can read the titles, damn it! </rant>

8)

Snap

QuoteActually, at one point I was dreaming of starting my own distro and those two tutorials were part of my masterplan. The idea was to set up a distro that was designed with eye towards a well thought out user interface and making all the wonderful tools available in Linux help you get work done.

We'll be waiting for it to happen. You know that, don't you?

hudson

haha...well, I don't think it's going to happen! Nice dream, but it's too hard as it is configuring Debian for myself.

ostrolek

Hudson, maybe its better to pull those scripts from #! forums and paste them here. That forum is dormant, and might be closed in the near future.