Possible change to the sakura terminal

VastOne

I have been testing sakura since it was brought to my attention by hakerdefo and PackRat in another thread

I am impressed with it, I love how easy it is to configure either with the right click or with a conf file

I wonder of there is any way to get it to transparency, that is my only thing missing so far

Any else, please pull it from the sid repos, apt-get install sakura... Please help test it and give feedback

I think you will like it
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zephyr

@VastOne: Evaded me first time, but found it with options-select colors-opacity level... Looks good and is a bit easier to config. - zephyr
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

Snap

Going for it.

Does it have a drop down option? That would be a no go for me.

PackRat

Quote from: zephyr on July 22, 2015, 05:11:05 AM
@VastOne: Evaded me first time, but found it with options-select colors-opacity level... Looks good and is a bit easier to config. - zephyr

and I believe a compositor has to be running for the terminal to be transparent.

I don't think there is a drop-down option.

I've used it off and on for years. Smooth terminal app. I thought development stopped, but it may have just been a hiatas. It's memory use is a bit higher than xfce4-terminal and urxvt.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

Cross posting the same query here

I really like sakura... using it exclusively now, VSIDO's default compton handles all of the opacity fine

I see it as a replacement for xfce-terminal

I care not for the drop-down capabilities, is that really a deal killer on terminals?

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Don't you really have the same capability with fluxbox and double clicking the title bar?

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

You mean for drop-down?

Sort of. Shaded windows are sort of drop-down, but the titlebar is visible.

There is also the default Alt-F1 key binding for the terminal. Open a terminal, enter commands, close (Alt-F4). I use key bindings a lot which is why I never got into using drop-down. If you are mouse oriented, then having the icon in the system tray fits your work flow.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

I care not for the drop-down capabilities, is that really a deal killer on terminals?

Don't you really have the same capability with fluxbox and double clicking the title bar?

Drop down is a sort of auto minimize thing. As it loses focus it goes away. I prefer that to shading or any other additional action required to get the window out of the way. Some folks need panes or splitting the terminals, some want drop down (me) and some don't care at all about any of these features. A matter of taste and workflow. For me drop-down and tabs (rather than panes) are all important. Just my 2c.

VastOne

^ Thanks for that Snap, your response is exactly what I was hoping for to help determine this...

Sakura is so small that it could be included just because...

xfce4-terminal is ingrained in several other scripts in VSIDO that I do not want to have to scrub it all. It stays so the question then becomes, should sakura be included as well

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

It's a really good terminal app. I would like to see it included.

If you go that route, I recomend you also remove roxterm (or has already been removed?).
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Sakura now implemented and in so replacing roxterm

Thanks for that reminder

I dev VSIDO

Snap

QuoteIt's a really good terminal app. I would like to see it included.

If you go that route, I recomend you also remove roxterm

I was about to say the same. Sounds nice to me.