VSIDO Changes Area

hakerdefo

Quote from: Snap on January 09, 2016, 06:40:12 AM
Cannot check ATM. I gave my cameras away to one sister and a friend a while ago and my crap cell phone is like 8 years old. Not RAW available,

Regarding viewers, The only thing that somewhat annoys me is cropping on the fly. Crap in mirage and none in geeqie (or haven't found it). Still having to open the slow Gimp, but aside of that, geequie is really feature rich and not much extra dependencies needed. I really like it. Though maybe for the Vsido default apps Mirage is more than enough and doesn't pull any extra package.
Hey there Snap,
Want an image viewer with basic image editing support? Here is a nice one with GTK interface,

sudo apt-get install viewnior

And here is a cute one with Qt,

sudo apt-get install phototonic

GIMP too slow and complicated for simple image editing tasks? Here is an alternative,

sudo apt-get install pinta

Try them this weekend and give your valuable feedback.

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

Snap

Ah, yes, pinta. Thanks, hackerdefo. It's nice and great, but I always revert back to Gimp besides it takes ages to launch. Viewnior is cool too and it formerly was my togo viewer, but I always revert back to MIrage since I discover it thanks to Vsido.

BTW, geeqie is now in my cool apps list.

PackRat

Replace xchat with hexchat?

Xchat is apparently deprecated/obsoleted, and no longer a package available in sid or testing. It's been replaced by xchat-gnome (which looks like sh't; gtk3 issue I think). So there won't be any upgrades for xchat.

Hexchat is basically the same program as xchat - as far as user interface goes anyway - and doesn't add much, if anything, if a user replaces xchat.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

@PackRat - Simple apt-get away!  That was easy...

Thanks I had heard that about xchat.  :'(  I'll give it a try.  I used it on winbloze before...   ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Been thinking about just doing away with any IRC client since it is one of those that is so subjective in nature...

There is nothing at all binding configuration wise of having any at all...

I say we do away with it completely and let the users decide
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

^ That works for me. You're right, it's subjective - like a user's email client.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

@PackRat, thanks, have switched to hexchat.  Xchat with a different name...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

ido

"fotoxx" is an interesting program which can handle RAW files.
http://kornelix.com/fotoxx/fotoxx.html
In debian repository, fotoxx version may not be the latest but you can download deb package directly from author's site.

For my default i'll stay with mirage but fotoxx does have a nice featureset.

VastOne

Welcome to VSIDO ido we hope you enjoy your stay, there is always donuts, cakes and coffee

Great find with fotoxx... interesting tool that looks promising ... my daughter is a professional photographer and we are always looking at these types of tools
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

I came across the a few years ago now and thought it had potential.
Isenkram

I've only just noticed that it's in the repos. Might be useful to bring the image size down, if fewer drivers are included in the image.
https://packages.debian.org/sid/main/isenkram